PDA

View Full Version : Marriage cert

blue eyes
28-09-2007, 4:06 PM
Could somebody please look up this marriage, its on the partial marriage index on a certain site. Want to check the page number. Louisa Cubbidge county Kent vol 1d page 1651. The last number on the page isnt clear, now suspect it should be 1654 as the groom isnt listed on 1651 but 1654. Free bmd also give 1651 as page no.

Thanks

Copper
28-09-2007, 4:39 PM
You forgot to give us the year :D

I have checked on a site I use and it is quite bad but it looks like a 4 to me. There is the hint of a piece across for the 4. It does not look like other 1 on the same scan.

blue eyes
28-09-2007, 5:05 PM
Oops 1886

Peter Goodey
28-09-2007, 5:28 PM
Julie
Don't worry about it. Just order the certificate in the usual way and say that the final digit is unclear. So long as the rest of the order is unambiguous (and it looks that way to me), you'll get the certificate OK and at the lower price.

blue eyes
28-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks Peter for your reply.

I do already have the certificate, the 1st certificate was returned to the GRO because they had sent the wrong one. Have now received what seems to the the correct one, but what threw me was I expected the grooms name to be Frederick William Lewis (he's listed on Ancestry with Louisa and the other couple) but turns out to be John Lewis
who's on page 1654 so thats why I queried the page numbers and thought GRO had had made a mistake when they hadnt really in the first place. Still didnt have pay again for the 2nd cert.

And thanks Copper.