PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge for those in the know !

Bill N
25-11-2004, 11:00 AM
Ok here it is; My not so elusive Elanora Maria Caroline Tyler who's mum is Elizabeth Brown from Soho must have been around for the 1841 and 1851 Census.

Any one with access will you please have a look for me and see if Caroilne Tyler was living in London with her Mum Elizabeth as of the 1841 census.

I have no address, I think E M Caroline would have been approx 19 years of age and perhaps her mother remarried to be come a Brown.

Thanks for looking and I note there have been no replys to a previous request so good luck and thank you.

Kind regards form a very hot Melbourne

Bill N

Bill N
25-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks,

Ignorance on my behalf, I had no understanding of what is involved in searching the census.

It seems you have access to viewing both the 1841 and 1851 census; can you put me in the right direction as to how I can obtain them?

I am happy to do the hard yards I just don't know how to

Many thanks

Bill N

Judy M
25-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks,

Ignorance on my behalf, I had no understanding of what is involved in searching the census.

It seems you have access to viewing both the 1841 and 1851 census; can you put me in the right direction as to how I can obtain them?

I am happy to do the hard yards I just don't know how to

Many thanks

Bill N
Bill
Just any address would be a start! Means you might need to fork out for the odd certificate...birth, marriage death around those dates...otherwise it's hopeless!
Latter census have more name indices if there are family members around, sometimes families don't move far (Mind you mine seemed to!)
You might have to try a bit of lateral thinking! :)

Barbara Griffiths
25-11-2004, 8:06 PM
Ignorance on my behalf, I had no understanding of what is involved in searching the census.In which case, Bill, it would probably be worth you reading some of the information on the British Genealogy pages at http://www.british-genealogy.com/resources/census/.

There you will be able to learn about how the censuses are laid out and referenced, as well as tips on reading them etc. It is amazing how many people I have seen at the Family History Centre, searching the censuses, yet having no idea of even how to reference anything they find. It will make searching much easier if you understand the organisation (and might enable you to narrow down where to search if you have "likely" areas you can check first).

Barbara

Bill N
02-12-2004, 6:40 AM
Thanks Barbra,

I have been away for a while hence my slow response to your sound advice.

I will seek out a LDS location and see if I can obtain the information I am seeking from the Census details held there.

Thank you for the link Barbra I will start there and see what I can achieve.

Thank you and happy hunting

Bill N