PDA

View Full Version : Derbyshire 1841 Census CD's Released Today

Rob Dewsall
24-11-2004, 3:31 PM
Hi All,

We at The Archive CD Books Project have today released the Derbyshire 1841 Census, both as a full county set and as individual CD's for those who only wish to research a particular part of the county.

Scanned in greyscale to the highest possible quality, the images on the CDs are actually far easier to read than the microfilms!

Parish Chest (http://www.parishchest.com/en-gb/dept_2400.html)

Best wishes
Rob Dewsall

Patrisia
24-11-2004, 6:19 PM
....and I was going to do the ironing tomorrow!|woohoo|

Patrisia

Brett
25-11-2004, 2:54 AM
I've ordered mine|cheers| but will have to wait a couple of weeks before I can celebrate properly!

Brett

lanerellis
25-11-2004, 6:38 AM
Hello all,

How wonderful to have the great news about the release of the 1841 Derbyshire census! I pre-ordered my set a long time ago, when the first orders were being taken, and have been looking forward to this release. I assume that as usual ACDB will honor the original price for those of us that pre-ordered early on, and just want to thank Rod and the staff for this release.

Brett
09-12-2004, 1:14 AM
My CDs arrived a couple of days ago, and I must say that I am most impressed with the quality of the images. Compared with the LDS microfilm of the 1841 Census for an area of South Derbyshire which I attempted to transcribe a few years ago, it certainly is, as Rod promised it would be, "almost 100% readable". I strongly recommend this purchase for anyone doing Derbyshire research in this era.

Regards and best wishes,

Brett