PDA

View Full Version : Help please. NASH - stourbridge

Duck
18-09-2007, 10:39 AM
|banghead||banghead|Please can anyone help, I am quite new to family research. I am trying to find info on my 2x G.Grandfather James Nash . I can only find him on the 1881 census. I know he died in 1890 in Stourbridge.

1881. Schd 125, 14 Hill St, Stourbridge Ref No RG11/2887 f63 p22
James Nash aged 35 salesman born Bentley WOR [probably Bewdley, v. v. poor handwriting!!!]
Mary Ann aged 30 born Stourbridge
Mary E aged 8 scholar born Stourbridge
F.[?] dau. aged 6 scholar born Stourbridge
Winifred aged 4 scholar born Stourbridge
J. dau. aged 2 scholar born Stourbridge [this could be a T or even an L for Louisa, which I think it is, the writing on this census is very poor !!]
Charles J aged 10m born Stourbridge

Also any info on his wife Mary Ann would also be very welcome
Thankyou

Simon

birdlip
19-09-2007, 7:56 AM
Hi Simon,

see reply to this on Beginners thread, regards birdlip

Paragon
09-02-2014, 7:03 PM
Hi Duck,
I am trying to trace Winifred Nash and her parents. Winifred was my grandfathers mother, and told the story that her mother surname Padoe, was the daughter of the owner of a Hall between Hallow and Grimley in Worcestershire who ran away with the game keeper, by the name of nash to Stourbridge, where he set up as a herbalist. Might be a connection? let me know what you think.

christanel
09-02-2014, 8:36 PM
Welcome to Brit-Gen Paragon :smile5:

Firstly Duck has not visited the forum since 2009 so he may not receive notification of your post. You could try sending him a private message(pm) by clicking on his user name and selecting pm. Both posting on the forum and sending a pm rely on the member still using the same email address.

Do you have Winifred's birth certificate? If you do what does it give as her mother's maiden name? Her father's occupation?

Births Sep 1/4 1876
Winifred Nash
registration district Stourbridge
vol 63 page 203

Christina

christanel
09-02-2014, 8:43 PM
I see we have two threads running about the same people and you have answered my question about the birth certificate on the other thread.
To stop things getting too messy and to keep all the info in one place I am going to lock this thread. Anyone helping please post on the other thread Here (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php/21621-Advice-please-NASH-Stourbridge)

Christina