PDA

View Full Version : Help please. NASH - Stourbridge

Duck
18-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Please can anyone help, I am quite new to family research. I am trying to find info on my 2x G.Grandfather James Nash. I can only find him on the 1881 census. I know he died in 1890 in Stourbridge.

1881. Schd 125, 14 Hill St, Stourbridge Ref No RG11/2887 f63 p22
James Nash aged 35 salesman born Bentley WOR [probably Bewdley, v. v. poor handwriting!!!]
Mary Ann aged 30 born Stourbridge
Mary E aged 8 scholar born Stourbridge
F.[?] dau. aged 6 scholar born Stourbridge
Winifred aged 4 scholar born Stourbridge
J. dau. aged 2 scholar born Stourbridge [this could be a T or even an L for Louisa, which I think it is, the writing on this census is very poor !!]
Charles J aged 10m born Stourbridge

Also any info on his wife Mary Ann would also be very welcome
Thankyou

Simon

birdlip
19-09-2007, 7:57 AM
Hi Simon,

see reply to this on Beginners thread, regards birdlip

Duck
19-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Birdlip
I think I might be a bit thick, but I'm new on here. I have looked on the three threads I've posted on and can only find the message above.

Simon

birdlip
19-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Hi Simon,

quickest way to find it;

Go up to your post immediately above this reply, and click on 'Duck'. Choose 'Find all posts by 'Duck'. Then scroll down to 'Advice please NASH- Stourbridge', which you posted on 'Genealogy Beginners'. Click on the title, and there you are!

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you...quite the opposite! Its a bit tricky when people post the same question in several different places though. Its best to avoid duplication, because you may get people spending time doing lookups for you, not realising its already been answered somewhere else on the forum.

regards birdlip

Duck
21-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Birdlip thanks for your help, its slightly strange when it is your first bash at using a message board. I will get used to it

Simon

birdlip
21-09-2007, 12:33 PM
No problem Simon, I know what its like. I take it you managed to find the info though?

regards birdlip

Duck
21-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Birdlip, Thanks I found the info. You dont by any chance have any experience of looking up Nuns, I've just found out that 2 great,great Aunts were with an Order. Not a clue where to go to next

Simon

birdlip
22-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Can't help you with that one I'm afraid Simon, a lot of mine were Primitive Methodists, quite the opposite end of the religious spectrum. Not an RC amongst them, and no nuns; but someone on the forum will know. Good Luck!

regards, birdlip