PDA

View Full Version : Bryants from Lelant

georgec
17-09-2007, 4:59 PM
Hi :)

I have gone back in my family history to a William BRYANT = Jane Tilly m 13 Aug 1737 :D

But cant find Williams father.
I have found a William BRIAN = Prudence HOSKIN m 30 Jan 1699. But dont know if I have the right man. Please can any one help or has any ideas

Thanks ;)

MarkJ
17-09-2007, 5:06 PM
Always worth a look at other siblings if you know of any. Often you will discover the mothers maiden name in use as a middle name which can help to track things down - but it isn't 100% reliable. Sometimes a middle name was from another female relative - perhaps the grandmother - or even from people who were popular at the time - hence the large numbers of Redvers and Powell middle names at the end of the 19th Century and beginning of the 20th.
But it is certainly something worth looking into if William had any siblings. Brian/Bryant seems an easy mistake for a person to make when writing down the details of a marriage, so it is a possibility. Are there any other children born to William and Prudence? They may show a spelling difference.

Mark

georgec
17-09-2007, 7:07 PM
Thanks so much for the quick replies:

I have for William BRIAN = Prudence HOSKIN m 30 Jan 1697 another son listed as John BRYER buried at St Ives 1719 but can not find a birth date for the Son William BRYANT who was married in 1737 and I know at that the spelling can be all over the place.
Would William BRYAN son William 07th March 1714 be part of this family?

Once more thank you G