PDA

View Full Version : Holland, any ideas please.

Dorpet
05-10-2004, 10:22 AM
My 4xgt Grandfather Peter Holland, was born in Lancaster in 1803 or thereabouts.Date of birth and place of birth are as entered on the 1841,1851 and 1861 census. He was then living in Staffordshire. I have found three entries on the IGI, all the same day 10th April 1803, all with the same parents Thomas and Helen Holland, the places where Ellenbrook,Tyldesley Astley,and Eccles. Could someone who knows the area better than I do please tell me, if this could be (a) different people, (b) the same person, or (c) if this is the same person why they would be baptised three times? By 1826 he had married in Worcester, but I have checked the marriage entry, and his Fathers name is not on it. I would be most grateful for any guidance. Doreen

John
05-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Doreen,
not all entries on the IGI are extracted from parish registers, some are submitted by users. Check to see if any refer to a specific church and then check that register.

In fact I've just had a look my self, all are user submitted entries, possibly copied off each other! You can't really do more with that information that treat it as a clue to where your Peter may have been born.

John

Dorpet
05-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks for your input John. Doreen