PDA

View Full Version : abner and philip walker uk born

lesley85
15-09-2007, 6:12 PM
abner walker left the uk to join his brother philip in usa.he sailed on the baltic in 1905.he was born in heanor derbyshire in 1978.he is known to have owned a tailors shop in chester delaware.it was a front for selling alcohol.can anyone help with info on his death,marriages,children.also with philip.
lesley85

bwarnerok
08-10-2007, 3:51 PM
In 1910, Abner is living with Phillip in Chester Ward, Pennsylvania:
Members: Name Age
Philip J Walker 42
Gertrude Walker 34
Abner Walker 16
Mildred Walker 15
Dorothy Walker 9
Philip Walker 7
Gertrude Walker 6
Abner Walker 32 brother
Carrie Nickelson 19 servant

States that Abner is a liquor salesman, Philip a bottler.

1920, Abner still in Chester Ward, Pennsylvania:
Living with Frederick & Priscilla Johnston. It says Abner is the "uncle". (I imagine Priscilla is a daughter of Philip). His occupation is now a burner in a shipyard. Says he immigrated in 1903, nationalized in 1908.

He registered for the draft in 1918.
Abner Walker
City: Chester
County: Delaware
State: Pennsylvania
Birth Date: 30 Apr 1878
Race: White
Roll: 1877835
DraftBoard: he is msising the first finger off his right hand. next of kin is his brother Philip, 236 E. 4th, Chester, PA

in 1930, Philip is still alive as is his wife and still living in Chester, PA... no sign of Abner.

lesley85
09-10-2007, 7:27 PM
thank you for your infomation about my grt grt uncles.it was especially good to read about philip as i didnt have much knowledge of him.its lovely to know he married and had a family,to my knowledge abner never did.i have sent for abners ww1 draft records,which i cant wait to see.priscilla was abner and philips niece,she was the daughter of their brother arthur who i think lived his life in heanor derbyshire england,she went to canada before going to the usa.from what i am told she visited uk quite often with either abner or philip.the names of philips children,i have an old photo album one picture has the names of doris and ron written on it.its a long shot but maybe it could be dorothy. anyway again many thanks,lesley