PDA

View Full Version : Which record office?

Cher
12-09-2007, 3:40 PM
Hi i have just found some ancestors who appear to be fom Tywardreath, Lostwithiel all near St Austell where would the records be kept for this parish.

thanks

Cher
12-09-2007, 4:36 PM
Hi i have been given some names from the IGI but want to know if they have the same parents

Susanna Hill chr 21 July1844 Tywardreath father James Hill mother Elizabeth
Sarah Hill chr 26 Jul 1846 Tywardreath father James Hill mother Elizabeth

and from freebmd Ellen Hill 1851 St Austell

i need to make sure they are siblings

i also want to know, the person who has helped me recently cannot find a couple of people on the 1881 census(she is quite experienced) but we are not sure if they were still in Cornwall ,if itis complete on familysearch/ancestry and whether it would be worth asking for a look up at the ro to check. Hope this makes sense

Cher

Peter Goodey
12-09-2007, 5:12 PM
The 1851 census shows the household as...

Ann Hill 2
Cathrine Hill 9
Elizabeth Hill 38
Elizabeth Hill 13
Ellen Hill 1 Mo
James Hill 38
Mary Ann Hill 16
Sarah Hill 4
Susanna Hill 6

The three eldest children were born in Lostwithiel (also see the IGI)

The Ellen birth registration that you mentioned might be useful because the birth certificate will give you the mother's maiden name.

I'd get hold of the Parish registers if I were you. I suppose you can get the films through the Mormons. (That's assuming you can't easily get to the RO).

Cher
12-09-2007, 5:59 PM
Thank you for the 1851 census details aand no i dont live near RO

Cher

suedent
12-09-2007, 7:52 PM
The Genuki pages have a lot of detail on what is available for Lostwithiel & Tywardreath & where you can find it.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/Cornwall/Lostwithiel/index.html

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/Cornwall/Tywardreath/index.html

If any of my families crop up in a new parish Genuki is always the first place I look.

Cher
12-09-2007, 8:07 PM
thank you for the links

Cher