PDA

View Full Version : My Cheshire Family Name Interests

crozz
08-09-2007, 9:54 PM
Just thought I'd add my family name interests here in case anyone else is researching the same names

Lawton (Macclesfield), Taylor (Macclesfield/Chelford), Hill (Chelford), Spencer (Macclesfield)

Regards
Crozz

IreneH
09-09-2007, 7:04 PM
Hi Crozz,

I have Lawton's in my family. They start as far as I can tell in Yorkshire and end up in Cheshire but they have spread far and wide since then. If you sent me some names dates etc I'll see if any connect with mine.

Irene

crozz
15-09-2007, 1:04 PM
Hi Irene

Here's my Lawton branch of my tree:-

Selina Taylor Lawton born 1834, christened at St Michael's, Macclesfield, Cheshire on 14 Sept 1834. Her parents were Thomas Lawton and Charlotte Taylor. Selina married Francis Hordley in 1858 at Parish Church, Prestbury, Macclesfield.

Thomas Lawton born 1802, haven't found his marriage to Charlotte Taylor. His parents were Thomas Lawton and Nancy ?.

Best wishes
Crozz

IreneH
25-09-2007, 3:02 AM
Nope! Doesn't look like any of mine though I not totally sure.

Irene

lindad186
02-10-2007, 10:12 PM
In 1881 census there is a Jessie Lawton aged 9 living with her grandparents Joseph and Eliza Birchall (my great great grand parents). I think she was the daughter of Ann (nee Birchall) and Adam Lawton. Ann died and Adam re-married. Jessie is still with her grandparents in the 1891 census.

Any connection?

Linda