PDA

View Full Version : West Hackney Parish Church

Di&Trev
23-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Hi everyone.
I am searching for Henry Coulson and his wife Sarah. They married 18 Oct 1831 in West Hackney Parish Church . I may be wrong but I believe this to be St James Church just off Stoke Newington Road. I can't find the records of this church on IGI and they don't appear to have any films or fiches available for this church. Does anyone know where I can find these records? Are they available on line or is a trip to London necessary and if so could anyone advise me where to look please.
Thank you

AnnB
23-11-2004, 2:08 PM
There are a couple of web pages which may be of help to you. The first is part of the East of London Family History Society's site and the other is on Genuki http://homepages.gold.ac.uk/genuki/MDX/Hackney/churches.htm

Best wishes
Ann

Zoe Archer
24-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Hi,

You might want to try the LMA

They should be able to verify the correct church and issue a copy of the event in question.

Di&Trev
24-11-2004, 9:17 PM
Help in the above was gratefully received. I've just applied through Corp of London for an hours worth of searching. Seems expensive but its cheaper than coming down to London and having a hotel for a night.
Here's hoping they come up with something.

Di&Trev
25-11-2004, 2:10 PM
Would you?
I'd be ever so grateful, it's very difficult to get to London from North Wales on a search of this nature because I work full time.
Heavens thats the 2nd thing you've found/helped me with in the last 3 days.
Think I owe you a drink (or 2) :)

Di&Trev
28-11-2004, 7:17 PM
Thanks heaps for the image, it printed out fine. I knew he was a widower think I know his first marriage. I'm hoping the witnesses will give me some leads on Sarah Elliott. Didn't have a pic of the marriage entry or the names of witnesses as information was handed down the family and couldn't be verified until now.
Thank you again.

Di&Trev
01-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the image, I hope it was OK with you asking about those census images on the other thread? Didn't think about it before I did it. My apologies for not asking. And thank you again for leaving them on for a while.
This is getting to be a habit :) I'm very indebted to you now, it'll be turning into a case of something soon, never mind a drink or two.

Di&Trev
03-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Case of Tea it is then :D

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Thanks again for all your help.