PDA

View Full Version : LDS-FHL Films

Ken Boyce
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
I have need to do some checking of Cornwall parish records via our local LDS FHC
I normally like to view the facsimiles of the original parish registers where possible and make my own determination of the entry of interest. Unfortunately this can involve ordering up many reels of film and the FHC staff suggest that it may be faster and cheaper to initially use indexes Although the contents of the following appear to be obvious before I charge off and waste time and money ordering up unnecessary films would someone experienced with the FHL Cornwell Catalogue give me a brief run down on the following LDS Cornwall records as compared to the Parish Registers
Parish Indexes
Parish Reg Printouts
Transcripts of parish reg
Manuscript (On Film)
What exactly are the Church of England. Archdeaconry of Cornwall Parish registers 1677-1810
I’m interested in the registers of Gerrans (7 reels), St Clements (4 reels), Kenwyn (13) and Truro St Mary’s (13) all of which have been filmed by the LDS the latter in manuscript (?)

Thanks

Peter Goodey
02-09-2007, 6:57 AM
Ken

Taking Gerrans as an example and assuming you want CofE records, the series you want is "Parish registers for Gerrans, 1538-1970".

Click "View Film Notes" and choose the actual films you want. For example if you want marriages in 1801, choose FHL BRITISH Film 236537 and/or FHL BRITISH Film 1595534.

That may not be a very good example because the situation seems to have been complicated by more than one filming.

Ken Boyce
04-09-2007, 5:11 PM
Ken

Taking Gerrans as an example and assuming you want CofE records, the series you want is "Parish registers for Gerrans, 1538-1970".

Click "View Film Notes" and choose the actual films you want. For example if you want marriages in 1801, choose FHL BRITISH Film 236537 and/or FHL BRITISH Film 1595534.

That may not be a very good example because the situation seems to have been complicated by more than one filming.

Thanks Peter I somehow missed this posting