PDA

View Full Version : Long shot uniform id :)

Itchy
30-08-2007, 4:54 PM
Lo all im researching my family tree and come across this man Ernest Woolterton hes at the right age for him to be in WWII but this is the only image of him in uniform and theres not a lot of distinguishing marks his great nephew dosent know so im taking up the challenge :) he managed to blow up the shoulder markings but ive no idea what it really says i can guess but id appreciate a bit o help ;)

peter nicholl
30-08-2007, 8:40 PM
Hi Itchy
The shoulder flash looks like RF, in which case it's the Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment). They have a Museum at the Tower of London. Google "The Fusiliers in London". They may be able to help.
Peter

Mike_E
30-08-2007, 9:53 PM
Hi Itchy
The shoulder flash looks like RF, in which case it's the Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment). They have a Museum at the Tower of London. Google "The Fusiliers in London". They may be able to help.
Peter

I tend to agree, if you look at the cap, you can see what looks like the Fusiliers Bomb as the cap badge.

Itchy
30-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks both of you especially eagle eyed mike for spotting the cap badge ;) i didnt even see it :D my guess was RF but wasnt to sure but am now.