PDA

View Full Version : Warmington Family in Oxon/Berks

eandm.cleary
28-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I am researching the Warmingtons in the easrly 1800's and would like information on William and his wife Ann and their children. I believe they lived in Wolvercote and Wytham. Any information would be useful

Procat
28-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You may get better results if you can provide years and places of birth for them and the same along with names of the children - if you have them. This might assist anyone with the available resources to narrow the search down a bit more.

Cwarmington
10-03-2011, 6:19 AM
hi my last name is warmington and i need to learn my family tree and its history for a school project if you can help contact me at bookreader1973 AT hotmail DOT com please and thank you very much

Peter Goodey
10-03-2011, 8:02 AM
You need to complete your US family tree first. When you've established a link with Britain, we may be able to help.

Interesting culture gap there. My wife when she trained as a teacher was advised to never, never, never set kids a project to draw up their own family tree.

Coromandel
10-03-2011, 8:58 AM
hi my last name is warmington and i need to learn my family tree and its history for a school project if you can help contact me at bookreader1973 AT hotmail DOT com please and thank you very much

Hello
You need to piece the family history together step-by-step, starting from yourself and working backwards. Do you know when your family arrived in the US, or which part of England they came from? Talk to your oldest/wisest relatives to see what they know.

Perhaps (going way back to the 1200s or 1300s when the idea of surnames was catching on) your ancestors came from a place called Warmington, so have a look at Google maps for places with this name.

Also try http:// gbnames.publicprofiler.org/ where you can see where particular names were most common at the time of the 1881 census.

Good luck with your project!

Cwarmington
11-03-2011, 12:16 AM
You need to complete your US family tree first. When you've established a link with Britain, we may be able to help.

Interesting culture gap there. My wife when she trained as a teacher was advised to never, never, never set kids a project to draw up their own family tree.

ok well ill give that tree thing a go at it thanks alot

Cwarmington
11-03-2011, 12:21 AM
umm hi my name is crystal warmington and i am doing a family tree and i need help on it do you think you can help me?