PDA

View Full Version : Introduction- Randle Ruan Minor

IreneR
23-08-2007, 1:15 AM
Hi

No specific queries at this stage but thought I would introduce myself.
My main line of interest are the Randle family of Ruan Minor and have a fair amount of info on them but little documentary proof at this stage.

Other interests in the area are Oliver Morrish Nicholls.

Irene R.

MarkJ
23-08-2007, 1:22 AM
Hi Irene - and welcome to the forum!
We have a few Morrish records over in St Enoder parish - wonder if they are related to your Morrish family?
I expect you know that the census records for Cornwall are available online and there is the OPC project for various parishes in Cornwall as well as lots of documentation available from organisations such as the Cornwall FHS, County Records Office and on cd from various companies - most of them are noted on this forum if you nose around!

She is a good port of call for records relating to the parish I would expect.

Mark

IreneR
23-08-2007, 1:44 AM
Thanks Mark but yep have most of that info.

Problem is most of the Randles were prolific breeders with limited imagination re forenames so I have a heap of things to check but no way of verifying.

Is there anyway to link census information to a specific address (property name) I have a couple of wills from mid 1700 which name properties /leaseholds and if that was linkable to census info from 1841 it would help my cause. ie if a randkle was living in a property in 1841 named in will in 1750 most likely they mine <grin>

IreneR
23-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Many thanks Bo-Peep but as I live in Aust I may have to wait untill Im really stuck before spending actual money on stuff :)

To date Ive been fairly lucky with Randle research in my direct line but once I start chasing down families rather than pedigrees Im sure Im going to need a heap of help.

My main concern at present is is there ayway to link a name of a property 1800ish to an actual address. in particular tenement Luggra and leasehold estate GIVAVAS VEAN

Also is there any such phrashes as "rights members and appurtenances .. which I now hold at lease from the Right Honourable Lord De Dunstanille" I am sure these thing must be traceable but I have no real idea of where to start.

All hints for a newbie hunter much appreciated.

irene

uksearch
23-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Ruan Minor...ah that's a name which brings back many, many, many, many happy memories:) . As a child we used to holiday at a campsite right at the junction of the main road to the Lizard and the road to Mullion. The Friendly Camp, I think it was called run by a chap called "Tiny" Bennetts.

UK

IreneR
25-08-2007, 7:05 AM
I there anyway of looking up a list of forenames to find out if they are all of the same parents.

I have a list of names given to me ages ago taken from an extract of a leasehold record from the county records office. However the writing is hard to dechipher. Alternatively is there any easy way to access Country Records office documents.

The names are as follow:- John Wxxxx Joan Mary Jane (all Randles listed on the lease by spouses surnames Least this is what Im hoping to establish) .

My problem is although I have all these people at around the correct time I dont seem to have them in the right families according to the leasehold as in that they are mentioned as so dau etc.

The information as best I can decipher it is as follows:-

Released cons natural love and affection
Coppers tenement Grade, now occupied by John Randall subject to payment on death of .... to his son Wxxx to to his daughter Joan Huddle, XX to daughter Susannah Coal 15 pounds to daugher mary Murrish XXX to daughter Jane Sampson 30 pounds to sons and daughters of son john dead .
27th January 1757