PDA

View Full Version : Hollesley-collins Family

BARRYG
14-08-2007, 5:25 AM
Genealogy SEARCH of the COLLINS FAMILY OF Hollesley My mother was born in the street (THE OLD THATCHED COTTAGE WICH IS STILL THERE,)next to the Shepherd and dog. The family line goes as follows,
great great Grandmother was Harrett Collins Her Daughter Hannah Collins my Great Grandmother and my Grandmother was Charlotte Collins (LOCAL MIDWIFE ) She had three Children Reg Collins ,Vera May Collins then my Mother Ivy May Collins .1871-1902
The family was well known in the village And related to the Pottle family of which Im sure some still live in the village.
If any of your readers could shed some light or background on the family it would be very helpful .
Barry Guthrie
[email protected]

Wirral
14-08-2007, 9:30 AM
my Mother Ivy May Collins .1871-1902
Wow, Barry! You must be our oldest member at 105! ;)
Welcome to the forum. :)

Wirral
14-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I think Harrett & Hannah are the same person. Although the 1881 census transcription is given as Hannah, it is actually Harrett on the original. Also, although in the 1881 census Harrett is described as unmarried, in the 1891 census she is a widow & in the 1871 & 1861 censuses she is with her husband William. www.freebmd.org.uk (http://www.freebmd.org.uk) lists the marriage of William COLLINS in March quarter 1858, Woodbridge registration district, volume 4a page 766. On the same page is Harriet RICHARDSON. In the 1841 census, she lives a few doors away from William COLLINS.
Her name is spelt Harriet, Harrett, Harritt.
When were Reg, Vera May & Ivy May born?

BARRYG
21-08-2007, 5:33 AM
Genealogy Event
It's planned for the 20th October in Hollesley village hall and should commence at 11am.

Hopefully there will be some details a bit nearer the time in the local press and maybe on Suffolk radio.

There will also be items in the local newsletter for Hollesley and the surrounding area and posters going up next month.

Barry g

BARRYG
31-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Is there anyone out there researching The Collins family of Hollesley as I would like to make contact