PDA

View Full Version : Hinton, Howarth, Cox & Richardson

Linda1959
08-08-2007, 1:48 PM
I have just been loaned my mother's birth certificate. She died in 1985 and I have no contact with any of her side of the family as we live in Staffordshire.

I am eager to trace both my mother's fathers tree and also find out more about my grandmother.

All the information I have is here:
Winifred Edith Newton born 28.03.1938 43 Droversdale Road, Bircotes, Worksop R.D.

Her father was Thomas Howarth who was a colliery hewer.

Her mother was Lily Howarth, late Cox, formerly Richardson (after Thomas Howarth died my Nan married Frank Hinton).

At the time of registry Lily Howarth was living at 43 Droversdale Road, Bircotes.

Any information would be brill.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best wishes,
Linda

Wirral
08-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Hi Linda

Welcome to the forum. :)
Thomas HOWARTH married Lily COX in September quarter 1924, Wigan registration district, volume 8c, page 212. This is the General Register Office (GRO) reference & you can get a copy of the marriage certificate from www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates (http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates) . The marriage certificate will give you the names & occupations of the fathers of bride & groom. With that information & the ages of the bride & groom, you can then look for their birth certificates.

Lily RICHARDSON married John COX in December Q 1916, Wigan 8c 128.

There are a couple of possibilities for Lily in the 1901 census, but you would need to know her father's name to find out which is the correct one.

Linda1959
09-08-2007, 7:09 PM
Such a prompt reply!
I have ordered a marriage certificate and I'm sure that once I've got that I will be back on here with more questions!
Thank you once again,
Linda