PDA

View Full Version : Robert Valentine MOODIE b. 1886 Glasgow

Brett
20-11-2004, 10:40 PM
I am looking for any information about the family of the following man, please. He was a close friend of my grandfather during the First World War, and I would be keen to locate any family members.

Robert Valentine MOODIE (or MOODY) was born on 14 Feb 1886 in Glasgow, and served for 4 years in the 1st Dunbartonshire M.I. before emigrating to Canada. He enlisted in the CEF at Winnipeg, Manitoba in November 1914, served on the Western Front in WW1, and died on 26 March 1956 (not sure if this was in Canada, back in Scotland, or elsewhere).

His CEF service records show next-of-kin as a Miss Jane M. MOODIE of Leiterellen Stepps, nr. Glasgow in 1914, but I have nothing further about his family.

Regards and best wishes,

sally
24-03-2005, 8:56 PM
Hi Brett

Have you tried Scotlands people a pay per view site. They have 1871-1901 census data as well as births/christenings, marriage & deaths so you may be able to find Robert with his family on the 1891 & 1901.

Regards
Sally

Brett
25-03-2005, 2:57 AM
Hi Sally,

Yes I'm aware of the site and have used it in the past for my own family, although the prices are a bit steep for me to consider using it for this chap, as he's unrelated, and I'm more interested in finding descendants than ancestors. However, I'm grateful to you for your help.

Regards and best wishes,