PDA

View Full Version : St.Stephen in Brannell

kevynne
29-07-2007, 4:19 AM
We are researching Salter and Harris families in St.Stephen in Brannel and St.Mewan 17th until early 19th century. Also in Coombe.
Thanks.

MarkJ
29-07-2007, 10:11 AM
We are researching Salter and Harris families in St.Stephen in Brannel and St.Mewan 17th until early 19th century. Also in Coombe.
Thanks.

I have a couple of Harris family members from St Stephen in my tree if they would be any use to you.

One is John Harris, born in 1803 who married Ann Chapman Roberts in 1832. One of his daughters married one of my Jose family.
I would recommend having a look around Rita Bone Kopp's OPC page which Scottie mentioned. She has quite a lot of information regarding the parish.
If you are unfamiliar with the area, St Stephen In Brannel is the next parish along from my own - St Enoder. There is often quite a lot of cross over between the two parishes - so if you need to locate someone who seems to be missing from St Stephen parish, it may be useful to look at St Enoder as well.
Coombe is a small hamlet next to St Stephen village itself. St Mewan is a little further towards St Austell.

Mark

kevynne
30-07-2007, 5:20 AM
Hi Mark,
We have a John Harris born in St.Stephen in Brannel, in 1805, son of John Harris and Frances Salter. This John Harris was the son of Robert Harris and Mary Pearce married in 1760 .Possibly your John Harris could be descended from one of Robert and Mary's sons which would mean that there could be a distance relationship between the two Johns.
I have had a look through Rita's site and it is very informative.

Regards,
Lynne

MarkJ
30-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Hi Lynne,
I have nothing on the parents of "my" John - my database has a note which mentions possible parents as a Robert and Mary, but not the ones you mention I suspect due to the time scale. I have no evidence to back up my theory on the Robert and Mary, other than a baptism record at St Stephen for June 1802. The date of 1803 was derived from the census, so it is only an approximate date - I must admit that I have not yet looked into him really!

Cheers,
Mark