PDA

View Full Version : Penelrick/Penelerick/Penalurick

plymouthianuk
18-06-2007, 11:22 AM
My great grandfather was William John Alfred Penelrick, born 1862 Withycombe Raleigh in Devon and a GWR engine driver. His father was William Henry Penalurick born 1835 in Wendron. He was a gardener. William Henry's father was John also born in Wendron. His mother was Jane Thomas born at Breage.

William Henry had 4 brothers and 1 sister born in the Wendron, Breage and Sithney areas. His next youngest brother was Paul E Penelerick born 1838, who at the age of 25 appears to have emigrated to the USA. I have found him initially in Wisconsin where he married Eliza Thomas, who was born in USA but her family are from England, probably Cornwall.

I have found a complete family for Paul E in the USA using Census records and others available on Ancestry. As yet I have been unable to trace how and why he emigrated when the rest of his family remained in Cornwall.

The various spellings in the surname are from Parish Records, etc, although recent entries in USA seem to have reverted to Penelrick.

If anyone can provide further information on Paul E or indeed any other members of the family, I would be pleased to hear from you.

kevynne
29-07-2007, 4:06 AM
We have John Penalurick who married Annie Sandercock in South Australia.
Sandercock is one of the Cornish names that we are researching .If you think that John may be one of your family I have a little bit more information about him and Annie. I have often wondered where in Cornwall the Penalurick name came from.

Lynne

miss RJP
15-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi my name is Rachael Penalurick. my mothers name is Leanne penalurick and my grandpa is richard penalurick. I know that my family came from cornwall.
Can i please have some info please

kevynne
21-03-2011, 2:07 AM
hello rachael,
Our connection with the Penalurick nane is from 1889 when Annie sandercock married John Penalurick.
Annie was the daughter of Thomas and fanny Sandercock who were 2x great grandparents of my husband.Known children of John and Annie were Clarence,
lola, Cyril and harold.
If these are your family we would be very pleased to hear from you and can exchange what little bit of information that we have.

Lynne and Kevin

amg2512
21-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi, Have you looked on the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks site.. There are a lot of Penelrick/Penelerick & other variations. Have found a marriage.

William John Alfred Penelrick age 20 at the St Hilary Parish Church on 27 Feb 1881 to Amelia Eddy age 27. William is noted as being a Fireman, his Father william Henry Penelrick is a gardener. Amelia's Father is John Eddy, Farmer.

There is also information for John & Jane Thomas' marriage in 1831 & baptism info for William Henry Penelrick who was christened with his 2 year old sister Elizabeth Ann Penalurick, but I'll leave you to find other info. Let me know if you need any help.
Alison

kevynne
21-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Thank you alison, I will follow that all up.

cheers
lynne

miss RJP
28-10-2012, 8:29 AM
sory i had to get rid of it