PDA

View Full Version : problems with picasa

royston
14-06-2007, 5:38 PM
I have used Picasa to store and sort my photos for about 3 years without any problems.
Recently I made several "gift cds" of selected photos for other people. These all worked perfectly.
Yesterday and today I have attempted to make further gift cds and although it goes through the correct procedure there are only a few photos on the cd, out of several hundred, or when I try to replay the gift cd it has the heading "loading" across the screen but nothing happens.
I am baffled.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Roy

uksearch
05-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I was just doing a search for "Problems with Picasa" and found your message. I downloaded the blasted thing earlier in the week on the say so of one of my nieces. It copied all my Picture Project images and all my jpegs that were on my 'puter. This means that I have thousands of images on Picasa that I did not intend to or need to copy. So I cursed a bit and stated to delete the images only to discover that not only does it delete the Picasa image but all other copies of the same image(s) on the 'puter.

Aforementioned niece will be coming to eat tonight, she with be going home with a full belly and a sore.

UK

Geoffers
05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
You can remove images from Picasa without deleting them from the computer

Geoffers

uksearch
05-07-2007, 12:27 PM
You can remove images from Picasa without deleting them from the computer

Geoffers
How????
I can't check it out yet, as it is on my 'puter.

UK

uksearch
05-07-2007, 7:31 PM
Okay sorted. It was a slightly different version to the one that my niece has. They way it was set it did copy all images. It was also set uo to delete all images on the computer, however by clicking on "Folder" and opting for "Move from Picasa only" solved the problem. I have now uninstalled it as Picture Project does most things fo me.

UK

Ladkyis
06-07-2007, 8:56 AM
Picasa did terrible strange things to some of the images on my puter, bending them and stretching them in diagonal directions AND then when asked to print them it printed them in the same distorted way!!

Not long after I succombed to the sweet talk of my son who said it was marvellous my puter went belly-up, twitched its legs and died. I have not put it onto the new drive. Fortunately I had everything backed up to external drive and CD.
Picasa is the devils winnits! This is my personal opinion as I have no interest in the company that makes it other than as a disatisfied customer.