PDA

View Full Version : Williams/Pettingal

pcoups
04-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi All,

I need help with two families that might actually be one.

Edmund Lewis ROGERS married in Invercargill in 1865 to Fanny Frederica Rosina WILLIAMS born abt 1844 daughter of George and Fanny WILLIAMS. George's occupation shown as 'Army'
Fanny Frederica Rosina WILLIAMS was baptised 1849 St Marys Newington, Surrey.
I don't find a family in the 1841, 1851 or 1861 census that could definitely be this one.

A witness to the marriage of Edmund and Fanny FR was Eliza PETTINGAL.

In the 1864 Harnetts Dunedin Directory under Invercargill is a Mrs Pettingal Great North Rd.....Ladies School.
I have Eliza PETTINGAL buried in Invercargill with the ROGERS family at age 60 on 14 Nov 1871. Plot: 1/13

Fanny Frederica Rosina ROGERS (WILLIAMS) in the Wise Directory 1899 as a Professor of Dance.

I have also found a Frederica WILLIAMS buried in Invercargill common ground.

Please can anyone help me with more information about Eliza Pettingal, Frederica WILLIAMS and Fanny Frederica Rosina WILLIAMS.

I'm hoping that somehow finding more info on them will uncover a connection and I'll then be able to unravel the family.

Please can anyone help.

Thank you

Cya
Lynn

Sure a real job would be nice,
but it would interfere with my genealogy.

rellim
31-10-2008, 4:46 AM
Hi Lynn,
I have only just looked up the NZ forum after finding some Williams relatives were born there.
My relatives were:

John Radcliffe Hayes Williams of Her Majesty's 58th Regiment who married 1847 in Sydney a Maria Garty.
He must have been posted to NZ where 3-5 children were born:

Frances Harriet Hayes Williams circa 1854 in Otahuhu, Auckland NZ
Maria Eliza Hayes Williams circa 1856
Charles Ethersey Hayes Williams
I have been told there was a William Williams and another who died just after birth.

Frances Harriet Hayes Williams married a Frederick Joseph Roberts who was the son of John Joseph Roberts and Frederica Sebright Pettingell.
Frederica was born in London on 7 September 1826.
Her parents were:
Joseph Pettingell (born circa 1799) and Marianne Linden Jones.
Their children were: (born between 1821 & 1841)
Marianne Eliza Pettingell, Margaret Abbott Pettingell, Frederica Sebright Pettingell, Joseph Pettingell, Emmeline Jane Linden Pettingell, Georgilia Pettingell, William Thomas Lawrie Pettingell and Frank Linden Pettingell.

Are any of these people related to your Williams/Pettingal tree?

Maureen