PDA

View Full Version : Can You Help

lostfamilies
17-11-2004, 6:40 PM
Hello
I was wondering of SKS could help me out I have a William Barnes born abt 1861 Nowton (as given on 1861 census) I have him by 1881 in London & on the 1891 & 1901 (only mistake being is place of birth all in Suffolk & around the area where he was born) he is married & in Marylebone London. On both census it gives his wife as Eliza born Gt Barton Sfk he has children William age 5 Charles 3 on 1891 census & 10 years older on the 1901 census. I done a search for a marriage for William to a Eliza & came up with one in Dec qrt 1884 Thingoe 4A 1082 to a Eliza Pollintine.

I was hoping that someone could check this marriage to see if William's father is a James Barnes (gamekeeper) the reason I am not fully sure if this is the right marriage is that I tried finding Eliza on the 1881 census nearest one I come up with is London so if she & her family are in London why get married in Thingoe registration district not a 100% on this so before paying for a certificate which could be a waste of money I was hoping for a bit of help many thanks in advance

Phil
17-11-2004, 7:01 PM
Hi

If this is the correct William Barnes a little more info from 1871 Census.

RG10/1725
Reg Thingoe
Sub-Reg Fornham
Ed 8
Folio 122
Page 26

James Barnes, 35, Mar, Gamekeeper, Market Weston
Harriet Barnes, 36, Mar, Denham, Suffolk
James Barnes, 11, Scholar, Bradfield, Suffolk
William Barnes, 10, Scholar, Nowton, Suffolk
Ada R Barnes, 5, Scholar, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Charles Barnes, 2, Horringer, Suffolk