PDA

View Full Version : James Higgins,Ireland to Prescot ,Lancashire

giveover
16-03-2007, 1:20 PM
James Higgins was born in Ireland in 1870 and died in Prescot,Lancashire,England in 1938.

He is on the 1901 census Prescot,Lancashire,England living on Tea Street.

In 1902 he married Mary Ellen Comer (nee Donnelly), who was in charge of the Shamrock Tavern,Tea Street.

James's father was also a James.

Have the marriage and death certificates.

Can anyone help? Trying to find where James 1870 was born and when he went to England.Any help greatly appreciated.

JNicLiam
17-03-2007, 2:03 AM
If you have his death certificate and so his date of death have you checked the local paper to see if there was a death notice and if so did it mention where he was from in Ireland?
Failing that your best bet is to wait until the Irish 1901 and 1911 census come online in the next year or so and see if you can locate his father in either of those census.
Regards
Jill Williams
Researching COTTER Brosna Co Kerry and Glanworth Co Cork and Cork City
QUAID Cloncagh Co Limerick and Cork City

Jay Webb
15-09-2009, 6:11 PM
Bruff church record:

William (Quain) Quaid (b. 1839) married Catherine Fitzgibbon( b. 1841) in Bruff Limerick on 03/02/1867

Witnesses to this marriage:

John Driscoll

Edmund Cotter

Any connections??
Jay:)

patriciaberry38
15-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Hello

I have just come across this message regarding JAMES HIGGINS born 1870 in Ireland and died in 1938 in Prescot.
This James Higgins is my Grandfather who was born in County Mayo and was living at the Shamrock Tavern 14 Tea Street.
Prescot, Lancashire where MARY ELLEN COMER (nee DONNELLY) was the Beerhouse Keeper.
JAMES HIGGINS married MARY ELLEN COMER (nee DONNELLY) in 1902.
MARY ELLEN HIGGINS died in 1923 and JAMES HIGGINS died in 1938. They both died while living at 30 Hornby Street, Kirkdale,
Liverpool.
If you are still on this list please contact me.
I have also sent a message to your Private Mail Box.

Regards

Pat Berry in Australia

James Higgins was born in Ireland in 1870 and died in Prescot,Lancashire,England in 1938.

He is on the 1901 census Prescot,Lancashire,England living on Tea Street.

In 1902 he married Mary Ellen Comer (nee Donnelly), who was in charge of the Shamrock Tavern,Tea Street.

James's father was also a James.

Have the marriage and death certificates.

Can anyone help? Trying to find where James 1870 was born and when he went to England.Any help greatly appreciated.

SPlumb
30-12-2012, 6:53 PM
Any links to a William Donnelly (mariner) born between 1859 and 1865?