PDA

View Full Version : Reed (and Heath) family enqury

lilacbreeze
16-11-2004, 1:08 PM
I have a Mary Ann Reed, born c: 1811/1812 in my family.
On the 1851 Census she is living at 18 Enfield Lock, working as Joseph Honnor's servant. Her place of birth is given as Stratford, Essex.

She married Joseph Honnor on 9th May 1852 at St James, Clerkenwell. Her father's name is given as Richard Reed. Another relation, Edward Reed, (possibly her brother) was one of the marriage witnesses.

On the 1871 census, she is a widow by this time and living at 65 Turner's Road, Mile End Old Town. Her place of birth is given as Waltham Abbey, Essex. Her daughter, Sophie aged 18 and her nephew George T Heath, an out of work carpenter, aged 22 are living with her at that address.

Mary Ann Honnor (nee Reed) died in December 1873.
An Edward Reed, aged 71 is found on the 1881 census, living at Prospect Place, West Ham Essex. I'm not sure if he's the same Edward Reed from Mary Ann's marriage certificate.

I'm also not sure where George Heath comes into all this. He must have been Mary Ann Reed/Honnor's sister's son?
George Heath was born in Limehouse, Middlesex. I have found a George Heath on the 1881 Census, who was born in Limehouse and occupation was carpenter. He is living at 3 Laura Cottages, London, Middlesex. His wife is called Matilda (maiden name possibly DEATH).
Does anyone have any ancestors matching up with any of these names/places?
If so I would love to hear from you/would appreciate any further information.