PDA

View Full Version : Baptism required, Thomas Terrett late 1700s Bristol

ex bristol
14-01-2007, 6:13 AM
Thomas married Hannah Newsman 8.12.1810 in St. Pauls Portland Square, but mostly the family seemed to use SS Phillip & Jacob.
So as not to confuse my Thomas with another Thomas Terrett who married in 1800, my Thomas had a Sister Mary. I am unable to guess at an age because he did not survive until 1851 census. Thomas was a Mason by trade. Thank you.

IvorClucas
06-04-2008, 7:15 AM
The Bristol and Avon FHS Marriage index for the Bristol Diocese (1754 - 1812) gives the following male Terrett marriages - do any look likely as as Thomas's M&D? If you want more info on any of them let me know and I can extract the full listing,

TERRETT JOHN 8.11.1790 BETTY EMERY ST.JAMES
TERRETT JOHN 29.05.1803 ANN SHURLOCK ST.PAUL
TERRETT RICHARD 25.12.1759 ESTHER FARNAM ST.JAMES
TERRETT THOMAS 23.11.1800 MARY WHITING ST.PAUL
TERRETT THOMAS 12.08.1810 HANNAH NEWMAN ST.PAUL

I suppose the only reasonable ones would be Betty Emery making Thomas 20 when he married or Esther Farnam but then again he would have been 51 when he married Hannah.......

Cheers

Ivor

ex bristol
27-05-2008, 7:25 AM
Dear Ivor,
Thanks for the reply, and sorry it has taken so long, I sort of gave up!!! Thomas Terrett and Hannah Newsman are mine, I always thought that he married twice, once in 1800 to Mary Whiting, they even used the same witness, but aparently that was another Thomas Terrett because TT and MW were still having children after my Thomas Married Hannah in 1810. I have the Bristol Baptisms disc, but I had to go to the original Mormons list all my Terretts were wrong in the disc, for instance when Thomas was baptized on 2.5.1790 to John and Mary Terrett, they were listed as Trimnell !!!!
I have sent for the Marriage list now, hopefully that will clear up some things, thank you again for your help, as I live in NZ it is not as easy as popping down the road, you have China Star below your name, do you live in China?
Regards