PDA

View Full Version : Taylor and other surnames

John Taylor
12-01-2007, 12:25 PM
I am new to this site and am firstly posting my Lincolnshire name/place research interests:

Taylor - Fotherby, Lea, ?Marton, Kirton in lindsey, Toft/Newton, Saxby, Brattleby
Speed - Dunholme, Cammeringham, Bracebridge
Scarborough - Owmby by Spital, Skellingthorpe
Oxby - Wellingore
Garner - Wellingore
Flear - Washingborough
Ro(u)oston - Waddington, Aisthorpe
Wilkinson - Kirton Lindsey
Robinson - Kirton Lindsey
Large - Kirton Lindsey
Coupland - Bracebridge
Rush - Scopwick
Blow - Barrowby and Billingborough
Hawkes - Balings/Langworth, Kirkby?Osgoodby, Wragby

I am very keen to remove (or otherwise) from my research William Taylor b 1821 Marton and ma 1847 Kirton in Lindsey to Susan Robinson. Had sons George W Taylor b 1848 Scawby and John Taylor b Keddington 1856. Does anyone have this family on their tree?

John Taylor

Peter297
24-04-2008, 3:05 PM
Hi my family tree has a George Taylor who was born at Milton Notts about 1816 and married Sally BASSETT at Marton Lincs Children William b 1847 b Marton JOHN BASSETT TAYLOR B 1848 Marton Henry b 1866 Marton hope this helps.

mumrules
26-04-2009, 3:51 AM
Hi

I have Michael Coupland born 28 April 1788 in Kendal, Westmorland, he married Jane C? I don't know what her last name is at this stage.

They had Mary, Jane, Robert and William Edward.

I have an "Arithmetic Book" that was handwritten by Michael in 1815. In the front of the book he has written his DOB, his wife's DOB and that of four children.

Procat
26-04-2009, 4:00 AM
Hi Mumrules,

John has not been active on the forum since January 2007 so may not see your reply.

Pam Downes
26-04-2009, 9:58 AM
Hi Mumrules,
Further to Procat's post, Kendal, Westmorland is quite a distance from Bracebridge, Lincolnshire (probably about 150 miles in a straight-ish :) line) so although it's not impossible that there is a connection, think in terms of it being unlikely. Unless of course you have something to definitely link them to Lincolnshire (e.g. living in Lincolnshire in the 1841 or 1851 census).
Pam