PDA

View Full Version : Edward James William Wardle b:Dec. 1865

amumto4boys
12-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I do hope someone out there can help me!

My Great Grandfather is Edward James William Wardle, born 7th December 1865 in Marylebone. Son of William Wardle & Harriet Brown.

It has been said to me from another family member that he may have served in the Boer War. He apparently had a scar just above his top lip, and he grew a moustache to cover it up.

I cannot find any records to suggest he may have been in the war.

On his birth certificate he is registered as Edward James William Wardell, with the reason being his mother couldn't read or write. (Taken from the fact she just about managed to mark a cross next to her name)

When Edward married for a second time in 1921, his name is Edward William James Wardle. So sometimes he does seem to get his names mixed up!

Is there anyway that I have overlooked my Edward? I have checked the National Archives, and other site links within this board but to no avail.

I do find Edward hard work, his birth was pretty straight straightforward, his first marraige I cannot find ANYWHERE! He married an Emma Peters, she was married before also (maybe, she is a mystery too!)

I have Edward on the 1871 Census living with his parents in Little North Street, Marylebone, but after that he disappears til 1891 in Willesden, the 1901 in Slough.

If anyone can help me locate my Edward between 1872 and 1885 I would be vey very grateful!

Many Thanks

Kathie.