PDA

View Full Version : Burton Lazars/melton burial place PLEASE !!

louise renfrey
07-01-2007, 8:56 PM
An ancestor of mine, Robert Ward, died late April 1875. He was a farmer, and had been born c 1812 in Ebberston. Laterly he had been living in Melton Mowbray district. I am really anxious to try to find where he is buried, his wife Elizabeth nee Faulkner may be with him. I believe he was c of e. If anyone can help, would be most grateful. Thank you for reading this.

blue eyes
07-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi Louise,

Leicestershire records office hold the parish records for St. Marys Parish Church of Melton Mowbray. See links below:-

http://www.leics.gov.uk/index/community/museums/record_office.htm

http://www.melton.leicester.anglican.org/pages/churches.html

Julie

John B
09-02-2007, 3:20 PM
Hi Louise,

From transcript of Burton Lazars Parish Registers:

Robert Ward Buried 24/4/1875.

As I live not to far away I will have a look in churchyard when the weather improves, if you wish.

John.

louise renfrey
13-02-2007, 3:32 PM
Thank you, John. Have not checked this thread recently, so apologise in delay. Do you know the title of the church he is buried in ?? I wish you good weather - hope there is a stone with lots of info on it !!! Many, many thanks for your care.

John B
15-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi Louise,

The church is dedicated to St James.

It is now part of the Melton Mowbray team ministry based at St Mary's MM.

Will try to visit in the next few days and report back accordingly.

Regards, John.

louise renfrey
15-02-2007, 3:39 PM
Thank you very much John for the info. I really do appreciate your kindess. It means a great deal. I wish you good luck for your search. kindest regards, Louise

John B
15-02-2007, 4:26 PM
Hi Louise,

Have just returned from Burton Lazars where Robert is buried on the north side of the parish church in the old churchyard.

The inscription reads:

In
Affectionate
Remembrance of
Robert Ward
Who died
April 21st 1875
Aged 63 years.

Two others Wards to the east and south as follows:

William Whitworth Ward
Died Sept 1876
Aged 76 years
Also Mary wife of the above

Elizabeth Ward
Died 13th May 1825
Aged 69 years
Cannot be Roberts??

I have taken some photographs, please contact me direct if you wish to have copies?

Regards, John.

louise renfrey
15-02-2007, 7:38 PM
M Y H E R O !!!!! Thank you so very much for this John. Have sent private message and look forward to hearing from you.

louise renfrey
16-02-2007, 7:43 PM
Am putting formal 'thank you' to John for his care and time. A real hero. Am so glad to be member of this site and for all the decent people who help others in their search for answers. best wishes to you all - and of course John in particular !!!!

Gillian25
26-05-2010, 3:27 PM
Hi Louise,
My Gt Gt Grandad was Robert Ward Born Ebberston East Yorks came down to Staffs and married Elizabeth Faulkner. Can you tell me how you are related to my Gt Gt Grandad please. Thanks Gill Williamson(nee Ward)

Tonyw/25
03-06-2010, 3:42 PM
Hello John B.
Just reading your reply to Louise. My Gt Gt Grandad was Robert Ward Born Ebberston 1811. Moved to Staffs & Leics. I Have not been to where he was buried but will do in the near future. I emailed Louise to see how she is related to me but have had no repley..I have no record of her in our family tree! Was wondering if you have any more info re the family I have got back to 1745 re my family the Wards. thanks Gill Williamson (nee Ward)