PDA

View Full Version : Beighton look up, please. name: Cousins

kkopec
05-01-2007, 3:45 PM
Trying to discover birth and parentage of a Benjamin Cousins c.1737 in Beighton. He married a Charity Dowley(Dooley) in Eckington, 1757. Have only been able to find two children of that marriage...a Sarah b. 1760 and a Benjamin b.1763. If Sarah or Benjamin belong to you, you belong to me. Thanks in advance.karen

BeeE586
06-01-2007, 1:02 AM
Karen - I have my own transcript of the Beighton registers from their commencement to 1837 and the earliest mention of Cousins or any variation is 1796 when a Martha, d Thomas and Phoebe Cosins is baptized. Other children of this couple and of George and Hannah Cousins appear up tp 1834.

The only two burials are Phoebe in 1827, aged 27 and Thomas aged 73 in 1835.

I have Eckington BT's from 1695 to 1724 and there is COUSEN there, but no Benjamin.

I also have transcripts of all Beighton Probate documents from c1530 to 1750, and an index of every name that appears, but no Cousins.

Sorry I can't help.

Eileen

kkopec
06-01-2007, 1:14 AM
I searched Eckington this summer. I've got the rest of the Cousins there. No Benjamin birth. He got married and died there. Thanks again. karen.

FredP
16-02-2007, 9:36 AM
I have just seen this thread and am intrigued because I have a Benjamin Cozens, sometimes spelt Cousins, born c 1795 in Norfolk and I see there is also a Beighton in that county.
I have not so far been able to find out who he married, but he had children in Ireland, at Windsor, and in London where he was living in 1851 in Holland Street, Kensington and was apparently living on thr rents of property.
I think he may have had some army connection. Any likelihood of there being some connection?
Fred.

kkopec
22-02-2007, 6:51 PM
I was there was some connection..but alas I think not. My Benjamin Cousins died a pauper in Dec 1788 at Eckington, Derbyshire. He wasn't born in Eckington..or let me be more accurate..his birth was not registered in Eckington, Derbyshire. I have a sneaking hunch he was born in Yorkshire at a place called Laughten en le-morthen. Thanks anyway.karen