PDA

View Full Version : Castle Bromwich men who served

Terry Carter
02-01-2007, 5:25 PM
Hello

I am researching men from Castle Bromwich who served in WW1. Casualty or non-casualty.
If anyone has any relatives with a Castle Bromwich connection and they served in WW1, could you please contact me.

Thankyou

Terry

GeoffD
03-01-2007, 9:43 PM
Not exactly from Castle Bromwich, but descended from Castle Bromwich people. This one I have on a branch of my tree as brother-in-law of one of my DREW great-uncles.

Title
WALDRON Ethelbert : Service Number - 2322 : Place of Birth - Brisbane QLD : Place of Enlistment - Brisbane QLD :
Next of Kin - (Wife) WALDRON Emma Jane
Series number B2455
WALDRON ETHELBERT Contents date range
1914 - 1920

Access status Open Location Canberra
Barcode 8399656
Digitised records freely available http://www.naa.gov.au

Ethelbert WALDRON, b. 3 March 1880, East Stratton, QLD, Australia: Son of James Walker WALDRON, born Warwickshire abt. 1839 and Mary BUSHBY of Sydney.

James Walker WALDRON was the son of Stephen WALDRON, born 2 October 1807, Castle Bromwich, and Elizabeth WALKER, b.c.1815, Warwick.

Many other WALDRON names (60, approx) listed as serving in WW1 from Australia, some born in the UK (but none stated Warwickshire as place of birth). Some other people with "Waldron" as second name or the surname of next of kin.

Not exactly what you were looking for, I know, but there is a Castle Bromwich connection.