PDA

View Full Version : The CORDEEN family

Marcus Stone
27-12-2006, 3:42 PM
Hi

I'm interested in communicating with anyone who has knowledge of the above family that lived in Bristol around the 1850's. It's an unusual name and as far as I'm aware there was only one Cordeen family in existence in Bristol at that time.

Thanks

Trish
27-03-2007, 2:50 AM
Hi

I'm interested in communicating with anyone who has knowledge of the above family that lived in Bristol around the 1850's. It's an unusual name and as far as I'm aware there was only one Cordeen family in existence in Bristol at that time.

ThanksDid you ever get any replies to your message? I see only one person named CORDEEN associated with Bristol in the 1851 census -- a 27-year-old woman with the first name of Elizabeth who was born in Bristol and is a lodger with a family named Janes or Jones. Her occupation is given as Steam Loom Weaver. [Reference: H0107/1954 Folio 297 Page 46]

Trish

rhoedena
08-04-2010, 8:08 PM
Hiya, I am also looking for information on the Cordeen family - George Cordeen was my great great great grandfather and he was born in Bristol in 1856 (he then moved to London) - if you have any information on the family going further back than the 1850’s I would be most grateful as I cannot seem to find out who his parents were.

Thanks
Rhoedena

Jan1954
08-04-2010, 8:15 PM
Hiya, I am also looking for information on the Cordeen family - George Cordeen was my great great great grandfather and he was born in Bristol in 1856 (he then moved to London) - if you have any information on the family going further back than the 1850’s I would be most grateful as I cannot seem to find out who his parents were.

Thanks
RhoedenaHello Rhoedena - welcome to Brit-Gen,

There is a birth registration for a George CORDEEN in the Clifton registration district, December quarter 1856, volume 6a, page 101. The certificate should tell you who his parents were. :smile5:

PRJoyce
28-09-2010, 8:53 AM
I was researching Adelaide Rennolds (nee Cardin), the mother of Enoch. I believed she had been born in Ireland. On Enoch's birth cert. she was formerly Cardeen. A marriage cert. between William Reynolds & Adelaide Cardean could have been Enoch's parents. On the 1841 census there is an Adelaide Carden, mother Mary living in Bristol showing Adelaide had also been born there. I presume this is the same person and the spelling keeps changing. It states that she had a brother George