PDA

View Full Version : Wandering Wildmans

Doug Wildman
13-11-2004, 10:42 PM
I have very little information to go on:

Jane Wildman, born in 1840 at Willington, Lancashire (this place does not exist) according to the 1840 census. She was a "servant" and was "married" to a Mr. William Goodman. Jane was also listed as being Mr. Godman's servant as well, and none of her nine children are called by the sirname Goodman. Very curious, eh? They all lived at 22 Lune Street in Blackburn (which does not exist anymore either). The children's names were: Alice (27), Alice (19), Sylvester (15), David (12), Margret (9), Mary (7), John (5), Gilbert (4), and Daniel (1).

Mr. Goodman was a railway worker from Ireland (no town listed), and four of the children were weavers. Any thought as to where to begin this search?

John
14-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Jane Wildman, born in 1840 at Willington, Lancashire (this place does not exist)
Mm, how about Warrington, Withington sounds better.

John

David Wilkins
14-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Hi Doug me again, in the 1871 census they were at 77 Nabb Lane, Blackburn. See my posts in reply to bit of a mystery. I am sure it is the same family, the children's names to David match although you seem to have an extra Alice.

David, Auckland NZ

abaines
23-11-2004, 8:14 PM
Lots of Wildmans in the vicinity of Bentham, Tatham etc and indeed when I checked her entry in the 1871 census, her birth place is given as Wennington. The registers have been published and many of the entries are on the IGI
Alison