PDA

View Full Version : Derbyshire Marriage Licences - Askew

Christine
24-11-2006, 7:33 PM
Could some kind person please look up the licence details for:
13th MAR 1827
(BY LICENCE) ROBERT ASKEW OF MORTON
SARAH MILNES OF THIS PARISH (Chesterfield)
WITT = JOB SHAW FRANCES MILNES

I'm still hoping to discover Robert's parents.

Christine

Neil Wilson
24-11-2006, 8:01 PM
Hi Christine

Do you know what year he was born? Just thought if the baptisms would help, Morton I think is from 1500's, but sometimes they are under either North Wingfield, Brackenfield or Shirland PR's.
Neil

Christine
24-11-2006, 8:08 PM
From the 1851 census it seems he was born in 1798 in Wingerworth.

Christine

Neil Wilson
24-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Sorry Christine

I haven't any records for Wingerworth. Either has CADFHS. It will be a visit to Matlock (DRO) or local studies in Chesterfield to work it out this way.
Neil

Blanche Charles
25-11-2006, 5:33 AM
Christine

The LDS has filmed Lichfield Marriage Licences. You can check for yourself by oredering the relevant film at your nearest LDS Family History Library.

To find the correct film, visit the Family History Library Catalogue on www.familysearch.org and search on "Derbyshire" as a place. In the resulting list of topics, under "Church Records" you should find the link to Lichfield Marriage Licences, and the relevant films.

Christine
25-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for thinking of it Neil and thanks for the info Blanche. One day I'll get around to ordering the films but it's a bit difficult as I travel around quite a bit.

Christine

Peter Goodey
25-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Might it not be less hassle to simply ask Lichfield Record Office to send you a copy?

It ought not to cost too much but I haven't checked (some places, of course do charge an arm and a leg).

Christine
25-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Now that really is a good idea. I can even get to Lichfield!

Christine