PDA

View Full Version : Hannah TURNER of Hereford

Maureenmcb
08-11-2006, 8:14 AM
My g.g.grandmother was Hannah TURNER b. abt.1833 Hereford Wellington. I believe her parents were James TURNER & Mary HANDLEY.

Hannah married James BRAWN b.abt. 1835 Hereford St Johns on 7 Dec 1861 @ St Martin, Hereford.

They moved about a bit, spending some time in Mutherne, Monmouthshire where my great grandmother Mary Ann Brawn and her sister Elizabeth were born.

They were living in Woolton, Liverpool when their son James was born in 1874 and when Hannah died in 1876. James BRAWN senior remarried 2 years later in 1878 and stayed in the Liverpool area.

However, after Hannah's death I can't find any information at all about her two daughters, Mary Ann and Elizabeth. They aren't showing up on the 1881 or 1891 census records though the boy, James and a son Harold (who was born to James and his new wife Margaret) do show up in Liverpool.

I would love to find out what happened to my great grandmother and her sister after their father remarried.

The next showing for my great grandmother is in 1901 when she is living in Birkenhead with her husband and daughters.

Can anybody help me find the two girls please between 1878 and 1900?