PDA

View Full Version : Robinson

Maeve
01-11-2006, 5:57 PM
Can anyone tell me how I can find the marriage of Arthur Robinson to Amy? Her address is shown on a Millitary record from WW1. The address is Silver Stree, Bardney Lincs.

The Arthur Robinson I am searching for was born in or around the Scarborough area, last seen on the 1901 census working as a servant in the Scarborough area, aged 17. He was killed in the last few days of the conflict and we are trying to find his service records. All we know of him at present is that his fathers name was Robert Darley Robininson and his mothe Hannah nee Ethel. The rest of his family is well documented to the present day. If the Arthur shown on the military records is the one we are searching for, he may have family in the Lincoln area. It is not known if he married in Lincs or Scarborough so at the moment we are up the creek without a paddle, can anyone help? Regards Maeve

Geoff Everitt
01-11-2006, 7:00 PM
I imagine that this is the info you already have ... it will save others searching for the same thing

http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_details.aspx?casualty=582078

Annie
01-11-2006, 7:17 PM
There is a marriage of Arthur Robinson to Amy Bowins 1912
Name: Amy E Bowins
Year of Registration: 1912
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Spouse's Surname: Robinson
District: Spilsby
County: Lincolnshire
Volume: 7a
Page: 1321

Maeve
02-11-2006, 6:05 PM
Firstly, thank you Geoff for the reference to the site. I had the record of the solidiers death but did not have the picture of the cemetery. This was a very sad experience actually viewing the site of the memorials to the casualties of WW1.
Also, many thanks to Annie for providing the possible marriage records. Until I get the certificate which will confirm that this is the actual person we are researching, I am not getting my hopes up too much. I will now write to the Registry office in Lincolnshire, giving the information I have so far and see if they can provide the correct certificate. This may take some time but will post the results when I get them. Many thanks for taking the time to provide this information. Regards Maeve

Maeve
07-11-2006, 9:10 AM
Not good news on the marriage certificate request. I have just received a letter from Lincs. registry office with the information that they have done a five year search and cannot find any record of this marriage. It was suggested in the letter that I apply to the General Registry Office. I have just spoken to them and requested a search, with the proviso that the groom's father's name is Robert Darley Robinson. If they cannot find it, I will only be charged aprox. £4 for the search and the rest of the fees will be refunded. This seems fair. Will now have to wait between four to ten working days to find out if we have the correct data. Oh well, better get on with the ironing.