PDA

View Full Version : OVERSHOTT - Bray & Hurley

Chalkie
26-10-2006, 6:16 PM
Trying to connect this family together, have a lot of Marrys & baptisms that do not appear to connect but I know there is only ONE family. Is there anyone with OVERSHOTT in their tree or access to Parish records for these areas that could assist please.

Nigel

Sample of queries;

Sampson OVERSHOTT m. Katherine ? about 1705
son John chr. Feb 1710 Bray

John Overshott m. Mary ? about 1700
9 children 1701 to 1720

No ages of bride & groom and no surname of groom.

kjovershott
29-12-2010, 5:14 PM
I have just picked up your request for info about my ancestors, sampson and one of the many johns. I have a family tre with them in it.

Chalkie
03-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks for replying, had almost given up on getting any further with this family.

My link is through Thomas Overshot to Fanny Enston 2/12/1879 Stoke Poges, the Enstons being on my maternal line.
Thomas's parents William & Mary Ann Mitchell m. 6/7/1845 Stoke Poges
William's parents John & Sarah Harris m. 1817 Heston, MIddlesex
John's Parents John & Rebecca Coombs m 1/10/1781 Burnham, Bucks
John's parents John & Brisget Tomlinson 13/6/1746 Westminster.

This is where I have got stuck, I have John born abt 1727? but no detail on parents, siblings back from here.
I have a lot of info going forward and a lot of seperate bits and pieces I cannot join together any help would be appreciated.

my eMail is [email protected] if you would like to contact me direct perhaps we could exchange what we have.

Thanks

Nigel
Swindon, Wilts

tribi
03-01-2011, 2:36 PM
Don't know if this is any help, but there was a Family of Overshott's s/Overshot's in Bisham.
Example a John Overshot bapt. 1698 son of an Edward and Mary.

tribi

Findem
26-05-2011, 1:14 AM
Hi Chalkie,

I'm researching the tree of my wife and have come across the following as her possible ancestors whilst looking for the parents of the Mary Overshott who married William Hastings in 1754 at Cookham Berkshire, you may be aware of the following info because it is from the IGI, but just in case .......

A John Overshott married Mary Bradley 16 Oct 1731 at Cookham, batch # M008651.

From batch # P008651

John Overshott son of John and Elizabeth baptised 19 Jan 1709 at Cookham.

Mary Bradley daughter of Christopher Bradley and Mary Bird baptised 28 Jun 1712 at Cookham.

Bray is none too far from Cookham and incidentally neither is Hillingdon, where the Hastings line went to via Little Marlow in Bucks.

Regards,