PDA

View Full Version : Wow!! The internet is fantastic.

sarahmuller
25-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Just when I was giving up on some lines in my family tree as I had got as far as I could or had a brick wall, something amazing happened. I got an email yesterday from a lady in Australia who had seen my tree on Ancestry and could give me some more info. Her Great Grandfather was my Great great Grandfather's younger brother. She also has emailed someone else who was researching that side of the family and is going to keep me posted.
Now if only a few other distant cousins would suddenly pop up out of the woodwork, I'd have the brick walls down in no time. One can live in hope.

Sarah

busyglen
25-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Great news Sarah! It's good when something arrives out of the blue isn't it? :)

Glenys

Copper
25-10-2006, 11:58 AM
I know how you feel. It is just so exciting.

forshaw
29-10-2006, 10:40 PM
It's always a great buzz when your tree moves back a bit further. I also find Genes reunited a great site for contacts. Particularly when you are sitting looking at an ugly brickwall. I have met a couple of cousins on that site, whom I haven't seen in decades. They were able to give me more details on their own family lines. I also found a distant relative, who is now living in NZ. We have a common anscestor born in 1715 in Berwickshire, we are now working together at a brick wall. So GR is not only good for family history, it is also good for family present too.