PDA

View Full Version : walker -from 1901 cencus to present day

david walker
23-10-2006, 4:51 AM
can body help please.i am looking for albert walker smarriage to louisa wright?,from albert edward walker born 1901? father william henry walker age 38 mother age 35 elizabeth? in derby st andrew, derbyshire england,his possible marriage to louisa wright then his issue leonard allan walker born 2nd july 1927?derby? or other parentsalbert walker born 18th june 1880 or albert walker born tideswell, derby england to william walker and mary jane flint,i am not sure of leonard allan walker ,birth place or which albert is his father,can somebody,help me find his correct parents,thank you ,david

ChristineR
23-10-2006, 5:52 AM
The marriage is indexed on FreeBMD, registered in Derby, June quarter 1911

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

ChristineR

Pam Downes
23-10-2006, 6:03 AM
Hi David,
You need to search the GRO Index for the birth and marriage registrations. You can search this for free via
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx
select from the top box 'complete BMD Index'.
You have six weeks to register a birth in England, so if Leonard's birth date is correct then you should find his birth in the September quarter 1927.
Start looking for his parents' marriage in June quarter 1927 and work your way backwards. You need to find both names in the same quarter and year, with the same GRO district and reference number.
Ditto for any other BMDs you require. Usually you have to send for the birth certificate of the child in order to get the mother's maiden name. Then you know which other surname to look for in the GRO Index.
For more details about BMD certificates
http://www.dixons.clara.co.uk/Certificates/indexbd.htm
and the address for obtaining certificates
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/
The question is though - how will I know if you've bothered to read this? You've certainly not given any indication (via the forum board, which is the usual way) to other people who've replied to your queries that you've read their replies.
Pam

Procat
23-10-2006, 6:08 AM
Assuming you have the correct date of birth there are two possibilities for the birth of Leonard Walker:

Both in the September Quarter 1927

Walker Leonard A Mothers Maiden Name Wright District Derby Volume 7b Page 904
Walker Leonard A J Mothers Maiden Name Place District W. Ham Volume 4a Page 160.

You can purchase the certificate using this information at the online address Pam gave you.

ChristineR
23-10-2006, 11:12 AM
....The question is though - how will I know if you've bothered to read this? You've certainly not given any indication (via the forum board, which is the usual way) to other people who've replied to your queries that you've read their replies.
Pam

Take note David :D
Actually David has the habit of thanking one in the Private Messages.
Hey Dave, I think it is best to thank on the thread, so people do know you read the replies.

ChristineR

Pam Downes
23-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Take note David :D
Actually David has the habit of thanking one in the Private Messages.
Hey Dave, I think it is best to thank on the thread, so people do know you read the replies. Hi Christine,
Thanks for solving the mystery - I wondered why you kept replying to so many of David's queries when there was no apparent response from him :)
Pam

Pam Downes
23-10-2006, 10:39 PM
The question is though - how will I know if you've bothered to read this? You've certainly not given any indication (via the forum board, which is the usual way) to other people who've replied to your queries that you've read their replies. Hi David,
Following on from Christine's reply about you thanking people via a Private Message, my flea-sized brain has sprung into action, and has a vague recollection of reading a PM thank you from you in reply to a previous answer I gave to one of your queries. That was three months ago, and it was 7 o'clock this morning when I was typing my latest reply, so it's perhaps not surprising that my brain didn't engage at the time.
I therefore sincerely apologise for my comment.
Pam

david walker
24-10-2006, 12:45 AM
dear members ,i am sorry i did not thank all the members,in the proper forum,for replying to my threads,i do apoligize,and once again i do appreciate ,all of your help in my research,regards david