PDA

View Full Version : Info reqd on Frampton & Cheater Families

francisp
13-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Hello there from New Zealand.

I've been trying to research my family but it's quite hard from 12,000 miles away.

I have to rely mainly on the on-line censuses and BDM records so can't go back that far.

My grandfather's grandfather's mother was Ellen Frampton b Longham, Hampreston, Dorset 1826. She married Henry Corbin at Milton in 1848.

Her parents were possibly John b 1781 and Rachel b 1793 in the 1841 census at Longham. John & Rachel "not born in county".

John Frampton "of this parish" (but doesn't mean he was born there) married Rachel Cheater (of Fordingbridge) 4th Feb 1813 at Hampreston.

The family had and continued to have a long association with Hampreston. I note that in 1901 one of Ellen's grandsons, James Corbin, is back living at Longham with his wife and family.

Don't have too much more (except I went to school with a Frampton in Christchurch before my family emigrated to NZ !)

Any help is much appreciated !

Thanks

Francis

idredge
28-10-2006, 1:00 AM
Hi

Have you tried the 'Dorset on line parish clerk', the parish registers are being put on line so you can look through. Found the Frampton's there from 1778 births to a John & Sarah.

John & Rachel Cheater married there in 1813.

Irene

francisp
31-10-2006, 4:04 AM
Thanks. I may have come across that site, that's maybe where I got the 1813 date from.

Do you have the URL just to confirm ?

Thanks

Francis