PDA

View Full Version : Povah in Dumfries

slewis
12-10-2006, 3:39 PM
Hi
I am looking for the birth of William Povah, born abt 1837 in Scotland i think Dumfries, his mother was also born in Dumfries, in 1808 her name was Jane Povah nee Graham,her mother was Mary Thompson she was born in abt 1773
if any one can help me with any of the births i would really appreciate it as i have hit a brickwall.
Regards Sue

Davran
12-10-2006, 4:59 PM
Sue,

Have your looked for them on Scotlands People? That is the best website for Scottish ancestors.

Lesley Robertson
13-10-2006, 1:00 PM
Hi
I am looking for the birth of William Povah, born abt 1837 in Scotland i think Dumfries, his mother was also born in Dumfries, in 1808 her name was Jane Povah nee Graham,her mother was Mary Thompson she was born in abt 1773
if any one can help me with any of the births i would really appreciate it as i have hit a brickwall.
Regards Sue
There's nobody of that spelling in the 1841 census or the OPR baps or marriages. There ARE 4 death certificates, but as my credits have expired, I can't look and see whose they are.
What spelling variations have you found?

slewis
13-10-2006, 3:34 PM
Hi Lesley and Davran
Thankyou foryour time and help, i have just started to researching this family and only have the one spelling wich i found on LDS IGI, I will try Scotlands Peopleand see were that takes me. Thanks again for your time and help.
Regards Sue