PDA

View Full Version : 1861 Lookup please

HiFly
07-10-2006, 11:59 AM
This si a long shot....Looking for the household of:

Thomas & Mary Vallis with son William Henry b 1Q 1853 Bristol 6a 29
William was bapt 17 JUL 1853 @ Philip & Jacob Parish, Bristol.

Bit sparse I know ....but havn't been able to place this group as yet...

TIA - HiFly

Mutley
07-10-2006, 5:45 PM
Tried all the simple variations of the name but sorry I can't see them either.
Not much help I'm afraid

HiFly
09-10-2006, 1:16 PM
Tried all the simple variations of the name but sorry I can't see them either.
Not much help I'm afraidThanks Mutley...worth a try anyway....

hope Autumn is good 4 U down in Algrave :)

HiFly

Mutley
09-10-2006, 7:17 PM
Weather here is lovely at the moment. T/shirts during the day, Sweatshirts in the evening. PC is saying it is 22 degrees so no heating on yet. We have had some rain and so everything is green although we saw a crocus bursting out this morning! Weather is getting weird all round, maybe that's a new thread to start.......

TonyV
17-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi HiFly

Looks like they emigrated. See immigration lists which are currently free to view at ancestry

See the "New York Passenger Lists 1820-1957", for 15th September 1853
for the ship "Mary Ann Peters" which sailed from Bristol to New York.

The list includes the following people:
Thos Vallis, age 26, labourer
Mary Vallis, age 21
William Vallis, infant male

Hope this helps

I'm also researching the Vallis family. Mine were amongst the Shepton Montague bunch.

HiFly
18-11-2006, 3:44 AM
Hi & Welcome to the B-G Forums TonyV |biggrin|

Thanks for that snippet of info Tony and welcome to the B-G forums. There's about 3 of us actively looking into the Vallis families from the same area/time but have not had info as yet that definitely connects us.

So keep a lookout for Vallis families in Canada (mostly NB, some NFL) who are linked to the Shepton Montague ones...there is also some in-direct links between the Bermuda Vallis families and the Canadians.

If you do a search on this forum you will probably note that I have posted a fair amount of Lookup requests etc. on various Vallis family lines, which other kind forumites have been very generous and have answered one way or another...so I might have some info that might be of use to you....although my own Vallis line from Wilts/Somerset is conspicous in NOT being well documented....

Happy to share with you what I have - so send me a PM with your e-mail and I can send you a relevant GEDCOM file if interested.

Happy rellie hunting & Regards

HiFly