PDA

View Full Version : plz help?

car01e
03-10-2006, 8:01 PM
hi there,

firstly let me say im a new member and only wish id found you all ages ago when i first started doing my family research! i did post this on the wirrel forum but thought it may be in the wrong place so decided to post here? |banghead|

im in a bit of a quandry. ive made it as far back as my gt gt gt grandfather John Kay c1804 poulton cum seacombe but am stuck now. i really need to find his baptism/birth to find his parents and/or his marriage record to mary c1809. ive no idea what year the were married but they seem to be in cheshire on all the census. they had quite a few sons , one of whom is isaac kay c1835 my gt gt grandad.

i live in herts and so its not possible for me to get up to cheshire so is there any other way i would be able to find these records? i am under the impression that i would have to visit churches and as i have no idea of the churches involved im kinda stumped!

any pointers would be most appreciated!

thanx

car01exxxx

Peter Goodey
03-10-2006, 8:05 PM
Please don't post the same message to different forums.

I've answered this question elsewhere.

car01e
03-10-2006, 8:13 PM
i apologise peter, our posts mustve crossed. as i mentioned i am new and wasnt sure if i had posted in the right forum. consider my wrists slapped and it wont happen again.

car01exx