PDA

View Full Version : Shropshire Census 1841 LookUp

Dorey
02-10-2006, 6:44 PM
I have come to a dead end. I am trying to locate a family called 'Turner' whom I know lived in Hanmer, Flint. I know that the Father William Turner was Christened in Hanmer on the 25th May 1788 and that he married someone called Jane (not too sure where or what her maiden name was) and that they had children all born in Hanmer, Ann b1820, Jane b1822, Martha b1824, Emma b1826, Elizabeth b1829,William b1831 and Harriet b1834. But by the 1841 census the had disappeared and to date I can only find their son William b1831 in the 1851 Census married living in Pensnett, Kingswinford, Stafford. But I haven't found his father Williams marriage or death and a few of the Hanmer Parish Records were destroyed in a fire, so I thought I might cast my net further out to see if they ended up in the work house or neighbouring parishes. Therefore could anyone help me? William born 1788 in Hanmer was described as a Tailor on all the children's births? Any help to whom Jane was or where they were in the 1841 census would be appreciated. I also thought if anyone could look in the Ellesmere Work House records to see if they ended up there.