PDA

View Full Version : Pattison Family-Elham, Kent

anotherjrh
09-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Looking for information on the John Pattison family, Elham, Kent. His daughter Ann married Abraham Friend in Buckland 06 Aug 1865. Her age was listed as 34 on other censuses her birth is around 1833. I am trying to locate her family so I can trace back her ancestry. She is my greatgrandmother. Her first son was born in Elham, Kent-Ernest Friend born Sept 1866 by 1881 they were in Nottinghamshire at Newark Upon Trent. This is all I have on her at the moment, I have found possible links but nothing positive.

sadielou_b_lou
17-11-2004, 5:18 PM
Hi

I have had a little look & probably have come up with stuff you already know:

1871 census:
Ann Friend living with husband Abraham born Faringham, Kent, he is aged 33 & her 39.
There are 3 children; Ernest, Georgina & Winnifred. There was a visitor recorded - Richard Friend aged 6, possibly a nephew.

I also looked for John Pattison, I found a few entries on the 1871:
John & Ann Pattison living at Elham, John aged 38 & Ann 24, they have 2 children Annie & John. I was thinking that John & Ann could be twins.

There is also a John Pattison born & living in Greenwich aged 56 with his wife Ann & son Joseph. Not sure but his age fits.

Sorry I doubt I've been much help, but if you want copies of the censuses let me know.

anotherjrh
17-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the copies of the 1871 censuses, your help is very much appreciated. This should give me some more leads on the family. I am going to order in the Parish Records for Elham, with these names it will give me more to search for.

Again thanks

Mary, Mary
05-01-2005, 3:59 PM
Hi,

Don't know if you already have this, or not. But here is the entry from the 1851 Elham census of your Pattison family. It doesn't look as though Ann was still living at home the, but she was 18 or so and could well have been working. The number at the end of the line, as I'm sure you know, is the Folio/Page no. of the census.

Pattison John Head M 45 Kent Lydden 348
Pattison Jane Wife M 43 Kent Deal 348
Pattison Leonard Son U 15 Kent Elham 348
Pattison Jane Daur 11 Kent Elham 348
Pattison James Son 9 Kent Elham 348
Pattison William Son 8 Kent Elham 348
Pattison George Son 5 Kent Elham 348
Pattison Edward Son 4 Kent Elham 348
Pattison Elizabeth Daur 2 Kent Elham 348
Pattison Harriet Daur 6Mths (Not Stated) 348
Pattison Sarah Serv U 18 Kent Elham 352

I have checked the Folkestone census for 1851 too, but no more PATTISONs. I have also checked the Folkestone burials (the large Municipal Cemetery which would have covered most of the Kent villages). I could only find one PATTISON burial and that was as follows:

Adam PATTISON, resident Tram Road, Publican, aged 60 buried 14 Nov 1860.

Regards

Mary

anotherjrh
08-01-2005, 3:48 AM
Thanks very much for the information on the 1851 census for John Pattison, I have ordered in the parish registers for Elham and with these names I should be able to confirm the family. I hope to view them in the next couple of weeks as our LDS library was closed over the holidays.

Again thanks for your effort Mary
Rick, British Columbia, Canada

Squid
14-07-2006, 7:55 AM
G'day,
This is my first attempt at this so I hope I don't make too much of a mess of it. I was most surprised to be scanning through what I thought was bound to be just another coincidence when I saw the 1851 census entry listed of my great great grandfather John Pattison & family in Elham Kent UK in the response by Mary, Mary to your Pattison Family - Elham, Kent query. I am Sydney Pattison, descended from John Pattison, via William Pattison, via John Edward Pattison, via John William Pattison. I don't have cupboards full of information on John or his family but I am quite happy to share with you what I have got.
Regards, Syd

anotherjrh
18-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi, nice to meet another Pattison relative, Ann Pattison daughter of John is my great grandmother, she married Abraham Friend and their son James Henry John Friend is my grandfather. I have been able to find John seniors parents who were living in Lydden where John was born, they are Henry and Mercy Pattison, I did not find John's marriage there to Jane so still looking. I can take some of Ann's siblings forward. I would love to be able to add the information of William as I have nothing on his later life. If you want to correspond directly send me your email by private message

Rick BC Canada