PDA

View Full Version : Clipsons of North Kelsey/Barton

stevenorfolk
22-09-2006, 10:33 AM
With a great deal of help I've so far traced my Clipson ancestors back to William Clipson, born around 1800. I know he married Amelia Waddingham in Lissington in 1820 but before that time I have discovered nothing. Does anyone have any information about him or his parents? All the children of William Clipson and Amelia Waddingham were born in North Kelsey and Amelia was born in Ludford. I haven't yet found out where William Clipson was born. There are lots of Clipsons from this area in the 1700s but making the right connections is proving to be very difficult. Can anyone help?

Geoff Everitt
22-09-2006, 11:51 AM
There's the burial of a William CLIPSON age 39 at North Kelsey 19 July 1834. Was that your chap?

If he had been a bit older, I would have suggested the one bap at Fulnetby 1790 - only 3 miles from Lissington where you say he was married.

Some of my lot were CLIPSHAMs from East Barkwith, equally close ... I expect they were all related somehow.

Amelia was buried at North Kelsey 20 Aug 1872 age 72.

stevenorfolk
22-09-2006, 8:46 PM
Hello Geoff, thanks very much for your reply. For all I know, my William Clipson could very well have died in 1834 and that is definitely something to follow up. I also think you're probably right about the Clipshams being related to the Clipsons.

There were so many Clipsons in this area at this time that I feel sure someone has the information I'm looking for. Let's just hope they read these pages!

Derbyiron
10-06-2010, 7:08 PM
Hi,

I, too, am researching the CLIPSON family. My research shows that your William Clipson was born and baptised at Kingerby in 1794 to William CLIPSON & Jane ROBINSON. William and Jane baptised one other child, John, at Kingerby before moving to Horsington. I am descended from 'your' William's brother Robert who was born in Horsington in 1805.

Regards,
Tracey

Neil Wilson
10-06-2010, 7:36 PM
Hi Tracey
Welcome to the forum,
stevenorfolk has not been on the forum for some time, you might be able to contact via email (click on his name and select email).

Please have a browse around the site and post your queries on the relevant forum and don't forget to introduce (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?411-Introduce-Yourself) yourself to us

Good luck with your research