PDA

View Full Version : Printing problem

Jfremont
18-09-2006, 5:50 AM
I have Windows XP and use Outlook Express. Recently I have a problem printing out an email message with the left side being cut off. This only occurs with Outlook Express. I can print out other documents (a print out from this forum for example or a Word document) and everything is fine.
I have tried to find a setting which might affect this in Outlook Express but with no success. The view on the monitor is normal. Also my wife uses the computer as an alternate user and with Outlook Express the printout is okay.
To my knowledge I have not changed any settings.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

xamrenrut
18-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi John,

Check your Print settings in Outlook Express.

Open your e-mail in Outlook express.

Go to File, then Print, then Preferences

Make sure paper size matches with what you're printing.

If that's OK, you could then try 'Scale to Fit'

Hope this helps.

Jfremont
18-09-2006, 6:32 PM
I tried the scale to fit but get the same result. Thanks for the suggestion.

ChristineR
19-09-2006, 2:40 AM
Why dont you get your wife to show you what she does, and then compare the printer settings, paper placement and size, etc, to what you have when you do it. Obviously something is different.

Christine

Jfremont
19-09-2006, 3:12 AM
Hi Christine

I have gone through all the settings to check differences and found none. I guess I will do it again just in case I missed something. Thanks for responding.

John

malcolm
19-09-2006, 8:43 AM
I have Windows XP and use Outlook Express. Recently I have a problem printing out an email message ...

This may be something quite separate to what I'm thinking of but note - the font size used when Outlook Express prints an email is set by the display font size in Internet Explorer. Other settings in IE may also apply to OE printing.

Do not ask me to explain why!

= Malcolm.

Jfremont
20-09-2006, 3:30 AM
Thanks Malcolm for your response. I will check that out and see if it has any effect. In the meantime I am saving a text file and then it prints fine. If it is only affecting the email then it won't be a big deal. Hopefully it won't expand to other applications.

John