PDA

View Full Version : Enstone

Geoffers
09-11-2004, 2:07 PM
I had a trip over to Enstone this morning and took a few photos of the church for another forum member. If anyone else has ancestry in Enstone and would like copies, drop me a line and I'll forward them to you

Also, whilst in the church I noted down the names on the war memorials. I'll add two messages with details from each memorial.

Geoffers

Geoffers
09-11-2004, 2:12 PM
The memorial is inside the church on the north wall, it is in the form of an engraved brass plaque. I have a photo, if anyone would like a copy just ask.

"In Reverence of God and in memory of

Arhur AKERS
Frank ADKINS
William CHAMBERLAIN
Herry CLARIDGE
John DORSETT
Oliver GRIFFIN
Fred HAWTIN
Alfred HAWTIN
Dennis HIGLEY
Wilfred HUCKIN
Frank HUNT
John JONES
George KNIGHT
George MURRELL
William PENFOLD
Felix REYNOLDS
Charles SHEFFIELD
William SIMMS
Fred SIMONS
Arthir SMITH
Lewis TAYLOR
Bertie TUSTIN
Arthur WEARING
Alfred WIGGINS
Sidney BENNETT

Who gave their lives in the Great War 1914 1918"

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire

Lest we forget.

Geoffers
09-11-2004, 2:15 PM
The war memorial is inside the church, it is an engraved brass plaque:

"In Reverence of God and in memory of

Kenneth BENFIELD
George CANNING
Edward DONOVAN
Frederick FAULKNER
Colin GUNTRIP
Alfred LEWIS
Albert POVEY
Hubert PRATLEY

who gave their lives in the war 1939-1945

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire

Lest we forget

15-01-2006, 7:42 AM
Hi Geoffers,

I have just had a look at the lists of the two war plaques and I was wondering if I could get a copy of the photo of the WW2 one please.

Thanks Patricia

Geoffers
15-01-2006, 11:45 AM
I have just had a look at the lists of the two war plaques and I was wondering if I could get a copy of the photo of the WW2 one please.
No problem, I'll send it to you as an e-mail attachment later today. I can't offhand find the photo I took now, but I've got to go out Enstone way in a few minutes so will stop off at the church and take another photo.

Geoffers

ncrack
10-02-2009, 3:16 AM
i would be very pleased to hear any info on william faulkner - born 1786, his father also
william born 1759 at enstone. william senior's father richard ? shipton under wychwood.
thanking you in anticipation noeleen crack, tasmania australia.