PDA

View Full Version : Qld bdm certificate turnaround times?

ChristineR
11-09-2006, 1:54 PM
Does anyone know the turnaround times for getting a certificate from the Queensland registry of BDMs? Just me being impatient. :D I searched their web site but they don't give a hint of how long it will take, and it is a waste of time emailing them as they didn't both to answer my email of weeks ago about the cost of index fiche, which I do not need now.

Christine

Rona
30-09-2006, 12:15 AM
I waited about 4-5 weeks to get a death certificate dated after 1890, a few months ago. (That includes international mailing times). It seems a little quicker if you are getting a certificate pre 1890 - about 3 weeks.

Hopefully they've sorted out their problems since I ordered mine and you don't have to wait so long.

Werona

ChristineR
30-09-2006, 4:15 AM
Thanks Werona,

the certificate order was processed about 9 days after my post and it arrived here a few days afterwards. It probably was a bit over three weeks all up.

ChristineR
Australia

Ozgirl:
18-10-2007, 9:44 PM
|wave|Just recently waited 4 weeks, info given to me stated approx 6000 certificate backlog! I really think twice before ordering at the moment. I just take the details and wait till I get really desperate! If you pay extra (like double) you can get priority, about 48 hours. It's expensive enough without that. But when it arrives - what a wonderful time you have dissecting it!!!

AnnB
19-10-2007, 6:48 AM
The main reason why there has been a long delay in receiving certificates lately, is that the postal workers have had a series of strikes in the UK. Hopefully, these are now at an end and things can (slowly) get back to normal.

Best wishes
Ann