PDA

View Full Version : Wirral Football challenge cup 1930-31

louise renfrey
10-09-2006, 2:46 PM
Purchased a small silver medal at a car boot sale this morning at Parkgate. On the reverse the medal is engraved with the words 'Wirral Football combination challenge cup winners 1930-31'. Have googled this but with no result. Does anyone know anything about this - who were the winners? Who were in the team? History of cup? Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Sharron
10-09-2006, 3:01 PM
Anything in one of Ian Boumphrey's books, perhaps?

BTW, where are you?

louise renfrey
10-09-2006, 8:32 PM
Thanks for your reply. Have googled this man - maybe, but maybe someone else knows for sure. Dont know who/what BTW is and unless he knows answer.............

Sharron
10-09-2006, 8:48 PM
Sorry, Louise, BTW, means 'by the way'. Curious because you went to a car boot sale in Parkgate and I'm not too far away.

Iam Boumphrey has compiled many books on the Wirral, mostly photographs. If you aren't local, I can scoot through mine and see what I find.

However, I suspect that other members will be able to discover something about this.

louise renfrey
10-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Did not understand BTW !!!! Sorry, Sharron !!!!! I live in Great Sutton - I see you are in West Kirby. Any help from you or other footie mad members appreciated - though not in initials!!!!! kindest regards

nazareth
08-05-2009, 6:48 PM
Purchased a small silver medal at a car boot sale this morning at Parkgate. On the reverse the medal is engraved with the words 'Wirral Football combination challenge cup winners 1930-31'. Have googled this but with no result. Does anyone know anything about this - who were the winners? Who were in the team? History of cup? Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

try les bullock wirral fa

Procat
09-05-2009, 1:25 AM
Hi Nazareth,

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forum,

I have just deleted what appeared to be a telephone number for Les Bullock. If it was in fact something else please repost it.

Information of this type should not be placed on the open forum. It can be conveyed using the Private Message system - click on the name of the poster then select "Send a private message to".